As a photographer how do you protect your photos? One of the best ways is to watermark your photo. In this article I will be discussing how to watermark your photos in Photoshop CS3. By learning how to add a watermark to your photos will give you better protection from intellectual copyright theft. You can can begin by placing a copyright symbol on your photos but let's examine the more common watermarking method; your name. Let's take a look at how to put a text watermark on your photo.
Doing photography is a wonderful artistic pursuit. It provides us with an artistic outlet to express out creativity. It can provide years and years of fun and learning. I found this myself. I experienced a lot of fun and decided to start sharing my photos online. It was great until someone had ripped my photo off a webpage and used it on their web page.
This action of downloading, copying and reproducing others photos is an illegal act and one that is punishable in a court of law. Yes, that's right, it is very punishable by law. This is great news for photographers; professional or otherwise.
How can we protect our photos from being stolen? The fact is you can't have absolute certainty. You can, however, do everything to protect yourself. There are three options you have available to you.
The first is to never place any photos online. If you use social media and do photography on a regular basis, this might be an unrealistic option.
The second option you have available to you is to place your photos on a website and right-click-disable the photo. What this means is that anytime someone right clicks on your photo with the intention of downloading it, they can't. The right click function does not work on the page and they can't proceed. That is the best option I find.
The third option you have is to put a watermark on your photos. This is a universal option. This means that no matter where you have your photo it will have a digital watermark on it and limit the chance of your photo being stolen.
So let's look at how to watermark your images in Photoshop. Let's look at the text option first.
1. First, open your photo in Photoshop.
2. Click on the "T" tool to the left hand side panel.
3. Place the cursor inside the area of the photo where you want to display your name.
4. To increase font, change font colour and style, change these things on the top menu bar
5. To move the text box around, click anywhere in the photo and wait for the curser to change to an arrow. You will be able to pick up the box and move it.
6. Once you have changed the size, positioned the box where you want it, then simply click on the curser tool to the top left hand side of the panel.
Watermarking photographs is very important because they are your intellectual property. They represent your abilities and your work.posted by michaelabela.weebly.com