Photographs do not only resemble reality. In fact, they can contain details that a normal observer doesn't realize. Other than that, an image can also convey messages that may trigger our creativity, our senses, and even on awareness about the subject. There are some who likes to play it cool being a hobbyist or use it as an outlet of their emotions and there also some who take photography by career or profession.
Contrary to what most people think, it is not necessary to have the most expensive tools to capture a very spectacular photograph. Even if you have the latest kit, if you do not have the skills and the knowledge, it will still be useless. To be able to capture a special one, you will need an eye that can see through the subject. This means that to become the best, you will need to have a very teachable character, patience, hard work, and of course, experience.
The different variations of photography are clear proofs that it has limitless possibilities. Whether you are just beginner or an advanced photographer who would like to learn and master a new type and style, there is definitely no reason for you to get stuck bored on one type. Below are just some of the most known types of photography that you can choose from.
- Advertising. If you are looking for a type where you can make a good income, this should definitely be one of your options. But in order to make it big in this industry you must be able to think outside the box and come up with visuals and ways on how to properly highlight the product.
- Wedding, Birthdays, and Special Occasions. This is also a good business. However, there is too much competition for this market. So if ever you want to make it big, you will need to build a good and loyal network and you must be willing to start small. Being an apprentice will also help you a lot not only for your network but also for your skills. It is always a different experience when you get hands on training from the pros.
- Fashion and Glamour Photography. I might be wrong but I believe fashion photography goes hand in hand with advertising since most of the photographers of this type are usually hired for fashion magazines who are aiming to set the trend for people who love clothing and accessories. Glamour on the other hand, focuses on the model rather than the garments.
- Environment and Nature Photography. These two actually have a variety of sub types which includes wildlife, landscape, seascape, cloudscape, and underwater. Spectacular shots for this type are often featured on National Geographic and in most documentaries about nature.
- Travel shots. This type has also become quite a popular hobby to most people. However, there are also some lucky folks who can do this both as pleasure and profession by being paid to travel and explore new places. This type has also given a great deal for a city or even a country's tourism.
posted by michaelabela.weebly.com